Get Your Hot Dog...or Brat!
Updates and Reminders:
2. If you are not planning to participate in the run/walk, but would like to order a 2011 Team Vogel vs. Cancer t-shirt, please email Amanda with your shirt size (or sizes) - firstname.lastname@example.org
-Shirts are $15.00 - you can use Pay Pal on here (just indicate your shirt size in the donation area) - or you can arrange to mail a check with Amanda.
-Shirt color this year - gray
3. Pulled Pork Dinner Tickets Available -
If you would like to help sell dinner tickets - we would be very grateful. Please contact Rachel at email@example.com or (507) 313-5899 and I will make sure to get you tickets.
If you are interested in purchasing a $5 ticket to join us for lunch or dinner on June 25th - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. TEAMS NEEDED - Time to break out your sneakers and get a group together. We are still in need of -
7 Kickball Teams
at least 1 more Women's Softball Team
Just click on the sport of your choice to find out more information. For those of you who are more like me - a social athlete - Kickball is the way to go and a blast!
5. General Info. on How to Get Involved...
- Men’s and Women’s Softball Tournaments, Kickball Tournament, and Homerun Derby - Dale – email@example.com
(Contact Dale with any questions, if you wish to register, or if you are interested in helping with the tournaments.)
- Silent Auction – Brian – firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please contact Brian if you are willing to donate an item to the silent auction or if you have any questions about the silent auction.)
- 5K / 1 mile Race – Amanda – email@example.com
(If you would be willing to help stuff race packets, hand out race packets on June 25th – or want to be involved in the race – please contact Amanda.)
- Food – Mike and Julie – firstname.lastname@example.org
(If you would be willing to work a shift, with friends / family, serving meals or working the hotdog stand – please take a moment to let Julie and Mike know.)
- Bake Sale – Mary – email@example.com
(Please get in touch with Mary if you would be willing to bake an item for the bake sale.)
Rach's Thoughts for the Week...
As we continue to plan and prepare for the big fundraiser - I miss Joe more and more. It is hard to do this without him here. Although there were days we were at each other (we organized things very differently - he was left handed and I am right :) ), we did it together. It is a true honor to do this and keep Joe's dream alive, but it still hurts.
I miss his chicken scratch notes all over the house - his hand written lists of volunteers - I miss everything about him...the smile that was always on his face when he was working on Team Vogel things. It was everything to him - he lived by his words.
I know your watching over everything Mr. Joe - but I will never stop wishing you were sitting beside me cracking stupid jokes to make me laugh :). 143
Love - Rach